Monday, October 12, 2015

Giving Thanks

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. A time of family gatherings, turkey dinners, pumpkin pies, and memories. And, as the name would suggest, giving thanks for what we have.

Me? I’m thankful for my family, who have my back no matter what. They are family after all, and that’s what family is for.

My friends, who’ve stuck beside me through thick and thin. Who have had to put up with me throughout my worst and now get to see me happy for the first time in a long time.

Having the freedom to do what I want, when I want, and without having to consult with a ‘committee’ before making the decision. Personal freedom isn’t something that a lot of people have, and I’m grateful to be one who does.

A good book to read is always something to be thankful for. And I’m thankful that I have a plethora of books to read and Chapter’s is an insanely close distance to my place.

 And lastly, for the sake of this post, I’m thankful for a wonderful cup of coffee. Whether it be a Double-Double from Tim Horton’s, a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, or a Bailey’s and coffee at home or the pub, a good cup of coffee is what keeps me going throughout the day.

So for all my Canadian friends and family, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sinceriously,


-Chad

2 comments: