Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sinceriously


Communication. The building block of life, civilization and happiness. And, in my opinion, it is the reason that my relationship fell apart and Dani left me. Or maybe that’s not why she left me and I am just trying to rationalize something that can’t be rationalized. Either way, the fact remains. I am horrible at communication. So is she. Regardless of all that, or perhaps because of it, I am committed to working on my communication skills.

Enter Stephen Amell’s “Sinceriously” Campaign.

The goal is to get Sinceriously into the Oxford English Dictionary. And I fully support the movement. The definition is as follows:
Sinceriously: (sin-ce-ri-ous-ly) adverb
1.     The ability to speak freely, openly and honestly; about anything; if you’re going to say something, say it sinceriously.
2.     To initiate any action wile spreading as much good karma as possible.

I’ve decided that just working on communication isn’t enough. I want to work on Sincerious Communication. Speaking freely and openly. Speaking honestly about everything. That’s my goal.

I’m the type of person who buries everything deep inside. I’m not easily persuaded to show my emotions or how I feel. I shut down tighter than the prison on Lian Yu and do not open up at all. And it doesn’t only drive Dani insane. It infuriates my friend Cassie to no end. It causes poking and prodding from her. If I don’t give an answer, it at least causes me to think.


Well, I’m done just thinking. I want to communicate, and I only want to communicate Sinceriously. That is my goal. And I’m looking forward to the growth.

There's just a couple of days for the campaign. Proceeds from the Sinceriously shirts go to two deserving charities. Stand for the Silent and Paws and Stripes. You can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment