Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Simple Thank You


How to define nearly 7 years without copying you "A Love Letter" post... I don't know if it can be done, but I'm going to try.

Let's start off with 'Thank You'.

When we first met, I was a broken shell of who I am. The loss of my sister hit me hard and I put on a brave mask and faked my way through the days. And then you came along, with your bubbly optimism, your infectious smile, the way you looked at me... You lit up the darkness, giving me a reason to love and hope again. You put me back together again and gave me purpose. A reason for my heart to beat again. For that, I owe you more than I could ever possibly express and show in just 7 short years.

Though I didn't always show it to your satisfaction, whenever I was down or emotional, you were there for me to hold. And though you've never seen my tears until recently, you have always been my shoulder to cry on. The one to comfort me when I needed to be comforted. The one to pick me up when I was down.

You became my best friend, my partner, soulmate and lover. I've told you secrets that I would never tell another soul. You've made me laugh. You've made me cry. You've made me glare and pout. We've bickered, but never really fought. You made me believe that true love was a real things and that we could always be together. I truly believed that we had the best kind of relationship.

We've been separated for months at a time. And in the same sense we have been inseparable for many more months. We've travelled together. We've lived together. We've met, and been accepted into, the families. We've discovered cosplay and yoga together.

You've inspired me to be a better person. You've made me want to be all that I can be. Not for me, but for you. I wanted to make you proud. Proud of me. Proud that you were with me. That you could tell your friends how in love we were.

And though the feelings are now gone from your side of the bed, please, never stop remembering all the love that we have shared. That love has kept me going when I've felt like I could never go on. It has helped me through so many hard times and you never really knew it.

Sinceriously, Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment