Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer - 2015

I’ve kind of been failing as a blogger lately. Unfortunately I haven’t had the energy or motivation to write much as of late. And aside from my attempts to have a bit of a social life, nothing worthy of note has really happened lately. But there are things coming up in the next few months that I am looking forward to!

It all starts today. May 20th. My last shift with the Government of Canada for the year. It’s a bit of a bittersweet day for me. On one hand it’ll be nice to be able to get a bit more sleep than I have been getting, and a bit more free time to do some trip planning. However, it is also the end of my steady pay cheques for the year and saying good bye to friends until my next contract or I can get on permanently.

Next up is EekFest in St. Albert on May 30th and 31st. One of the two guests this year is Caity Lotz from Arrow. As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, Arrow is one of my all time favourite shows and any time one of the cast members is at a convention it is a huge selling point for me. I’m looking forward to my photo-op and adding her signature to my growing collection.

Then the time has come to say good bye to family and friends for three weeks. June 2nd is the departure date for Europe 2015. I can’t describe how much I’m looking forward to it. It is a much needed trip. When I first booked my flights back in February, I was very much running away from life and the cruel curveball that fate threw my way. But now this trip has turned into so much more. It’s something I’m doing for myself, and that is a huge step. You can ask anyone I know and chances are they will say that I very rarely do anything for me. I very much focus on other people. That in itself isn’t a bad thing, but if you focus on others too much, you lose yourself. That’s what happened to me. I lost myself and then when I lost someone I cared about deeply I had nothing to return to. Now I get to learn about me.

When I get back from adventuring in the giant world, I get to hunt for steady work. Wish me luck in this endeavor. It is very much going to be needed.

The last event of the summer, my friend Mandy and I are going to be doing Wanderlust 108 at the end of August. A 5km run, outdoor yoga and meditation. It’s another thing that I’m highly looking forward to. I’ve let my fitness and general wellbeing fall to the way side for far too long. It’s time to put ME first and I’m looking forward to the experience.

That’s the summer plans. Hopefully I’ll be able to fit some camping and fishing in as well. I said way back here that 2015 was going to be my year. Well, it looks like summer is mine to experience.

Sinceriously,


-Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment