Friday, July 10, 2015

Europe... er Spain...uhmm... Barcelona, 2015


Well hey there! Remember me? It’s been a while, I know, and for that I apologize. The last five weeks or so were a tad busy and all. Well, actually they weren’t. To be brutally honest, I really didn’t do much while I was away. And when I got home I was helping a friend with yard work or with picking up purchases (my truck has gotten a lot of use lately). But I’m hoping to be back on a blogging schedule again!
As the above photo says, I think this trip was good for my self-confidence. When I left on my trip I needed to prove to myself that I could do something challenging alone and enjoy it. I succeeded in that respect. I forced myself out of the comfort zones that I have at home and I socialized with fellow travelers (and a few people who have relocated to Barcelona from around the world). I journeyed out with people I just met, I ate with strangers, I drank with new acquaintances. It was a very liberating experience, and one I’m glad I embarked on. Had my life situation not changed (some would argue for the better) at the beginning of the year, I would not have even contemplated heading off on a trip at this point. I was working on saving money and making my future stable. Well, you can always make more money. Why not do something fun and exciting?

And not only did I go on a trip that I loved, I also started thinking of other things to do. Why not go skydiving? Or get a tattoo? (Most likely no tattoo, but have toyed with the idea). What else have I been missing out on while I was living a somewhat sheltered and domesticated life over the past 6 years? What other adventures can I embark on that would enrich my life, even just a little bit? I am completely open to suggestions! Until then, here are some pictures from my trip. Enjoy!!

Sinceriously,


-Chad


























No comments:

Post a Comment