Friday, March 6, 2015

A Night on the Town


As a recent facebook status update that I posted stated: “I think I’ve decided that I’ve come to a point in my life where it is imperative that I go out instead of camping at home all the time…”

I feel the need to put a disclaimer here now. I’m generally not a big fan of ‘going out’. Crowds and I don’t generally get along. Cab waits and fares to and from downtown also don’t generally make for an economical and frustration free night. The last time I went out with a group downtown it was a painful hangover day after.

One of my goals for this year is to meet new people. Another is to go out and have fun without feeling depressed or thinking on what I've lost. I must admit that when I go out with friends, no matter how much I resist where we go, I do end up having a good time. But more important is the meeting new people goal.

How do you meet new people? You go out. You be social. You make an effort. I need to crawl out of my cave. I need to be charming and social and confident. And I need to flirt. I also need to learn to realize when I am being flirted with. How else am I supposed to meet somebody?


So, in closing, I need to go out on the town. I need to go and have fun. I need to venture out of my comfort zone. I need to book off a weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment