Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Small Update


I know, I’m missing days. Two days, to be exact. And I apologize profusely…
Every so often life throws one of those curve balls that you don’t expect. I’ve had one for the last little bit, as you well know. Though I feel like I’m doing alright right now. I’m talking to friends more than I think I ever have. I’m slowly making my place my place. I’m trying to eat better and exercise more (both with marginal success). I’ve also been thinking of travel more and more.


The whole ‘two jobs’ thing is exhausting, but it’s needed right now. I wouldn’t mind catching up on some sleep, but if it happens it happens. I am looking into alternative places for work though. My term with the Government is only temporary and comes to an end in two months so I’m going to stick that out, but my other place of work… It’s just not a good environment anymore. I’m not the only one who’s been thinking that lately either. It’s actually quite a toxic environment and I don’t need that in my life right now. And so other alternatives are being explored.

As you know, Spain is my trip for this year. But I’ve also been thinking about next year. I know it’s a ways away and I should focus on this trip, but the enticing thoughts keep popping in there. I’m not going to give anything away, but I am excited for next years trip too! Mind you, by the time next year comes around I could have changed my mind a half dozen or more times…

After surviving working the day that everyone pretends they’re Irish (good old St. Paddy’s Day…), I figured it would be a good time to spend some of that hard earned cash and buy myself a new backpack to travel with. I’m pretty frakin’ excited to put it to use. And I’m sure it will see much more use over the years than I can imagine.


I’m also still trying to work on that one blog post mentioned a few posts back. The one that I can’t seem to find the words for. It’s coming. Just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment