Monday, April 6, 2015

The Power of Truth

There are three shows that I watch on TV right now. And all three shows have had quotes that have somehow struck a chord with me. The quotes are as follows:

“You have no idea how powerful the Truth can be.”  
~Oliver Queen to Team Arrow

“Any man who drives safely while kissing a pretty girl is not giving the pretty girl the attention she deserves.”  
~Prof. Martin Stein quoting Alfred Einstein to Barry Allen

“I’m a cop. The only thing I fear is Decaf Coffee.” 
 ~Harvey Bullock

All three are great quotes, but the one I want to write about is the top. How powerful the Truth is.

I’ve been told many things about my blog since I started posting regularly. I’ve been told that it makes me sound weak. That it’s genuine. That it shows a vulnerable side to me, and that it takes strength to show vulnerability. Many people view my blog in many different ways. But to me? To me, my blog is honest and truthful.

I consider myself an honest and truthful person. But verbalizing my feelings and emotions and what I WANT to say… I’ve never been any good at that. That’s why I made one of my goals for this year to practice Sincerious Communication. If I’m going to say something, I want to say it sinceriously. I can’t say that I’m much better at verbally saying what I mean and feel, but through this blog I feel that I’ve gotten much better at communicating what needs to be communicated.

When I started posting consistently back in January, I did so to try and cope with an event that I’ve never gone through before. An event that I had hoped would never come. I was dealing with my first break up. A relationship that I had had for six and a half years dissolved and I was very lost for a very long time.

This blog became a bit of a sanctuary for me. It allowed me to get some things off my chest, sort some things out in my head, and gain both positive and negative feedback from people that I hold close to me. It was a way for me to cope and do some self-healing. And it has helped. If people see it in a negative way, that’s okay. If others see it in a positive way, that’s great too. But ultimately this blog is for me. It’s a type of journal that allows me to sort things out in my head and heart.


And it allows me to be truthful with myself as well. If I just hold thoughts inside, I could eventually convince myself of an alternate ‘truth’, but it wouldn’t be an ‘honest truth’. I must admit that I try to keep a lot of my negative feelings and emotions off of here for the most part, but I won’t sacrifice the Truth for the sake of having a pleasant post. As the quote says: You have no idea how powerful the Truth can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment